Find
Notify
Tools

Scallops, pasta and black trumpets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
This was dinner last night. Foraged black trumpet mushrooms which were dried at harvest. I threw them in with the linguini while it boiled.

The sauce, as mentioned has fresh scallops, a bit of leftover salmon and a tin of drained smoked oysters along with onions from the garden. All sauteed and then added to a white cream sauce. Of course garlic, black pepper a bit of Old Bay and a handful of dulce and several freshly chopped tomatoes to the sauce before serving.

Linguini with the trumpets.

Sauce with everything and the dulce before stirring it in.

Dulce is dried chopped seaweed from the Maine coast. I learned about it when I lived in the northeast. I tell you, hard to beat that area for seafood. I miss that very much.

If you like to make seafood chowders, etc dulce is an excellent addition. It is tasty stuff and very nutritious. This dinner was so good. Lotta leftovers!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Damn it Ann, you're killing me! That looks and sounds fantastic! tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does! tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
The angels were singing when I sat down to eat this. It was a masterpiece but then again, I very much enjoy seafood recipes. Had some leftovers last night. Same thing happened. Singing angels.

Smiler

Tonight I keep it simple. BLT!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm making shrimp scampi with linguini tonight, but it won't be but a shadow of that dish you made, Ann!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep, I did the BLT for breakfast this morning. I love seafood + although I am 4 hours from the coast, I don't go that often. The last time was 15 years ago when I met up with a bunch of friends in Port Aransas + stayed at the "Tarpon Inn" which I HIGHLY recommend. That weekend was an eating orgy. My friend Terry said, "You know, eating like this reinforces my thoughts of going south + being an expatriate."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote