THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Re: Anyone drink wine (especially with game)?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone drink wine (especially with game)?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted
Quote:

For red meat: in general, lighter, more subtle tasting wines are avoided for game because game meat has such a strong taste compared to the regular fare we are used to. This would tend to overpower the taste of the wine. So, what are normally called full-bodied wines in the US are what would be recommended. Since most US wines hit you over the head with strong taste anyway this isn't really much of a consideration when buying a California red wine.

I'm glad to see that someone knowledgeable about wines agrees with me that U.S. wines "hit you over the head with strong taste". This is one reason they cause "red wine headache" in many people. I've started drinking the cheapest jug red wines I can find (something like Carlo Rossi Paisano) and find them much easier on my head, my stomach, and my pocket book.

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote