Find
Notify
Tools

Kvass?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone have a good recipe for Kvass, it really helps me with acid reflux disease.

I am tired of drinking dill pickle juice. And pure vinegar is really hard on me.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have acid reflux and are adding more acid to your stomach? Can you see your own solution to your problem?

Posts: 1069 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one, but VASHPER would be the one to ask.

Here's mine:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeb.../kvas_topic3325.html

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:
You have acid reflux and are adding more acid to your stomach? Can you see your own solution to your problem?

I don't understand the science of it, but it works like a champion.

I take the pills only when I can't handle it anymore.

Natural remedies I know about:

1. Pickle Juice, Vinegar and Red Beet Kvass
2. Saliva (generate saliva and swallow it), work pretty well as long as you aren't having a stressful day.
3. Walnuts

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Acid reflux is caused by not enough acid in the stomach to close the cardiac sphinctor, thus allowing what acid is in the stomach to regurgitate into the esophagus causeing heartburn. Adding acid to the stomach will stimulate the sphinctor to close more tightly reducing the reflux.
The meds have it wrong again.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote