Find
Notify
Tools

Avacado soup
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted
I really like avos.And they are on sale and really nice right now.So after having guacamole and chips,avocado sandwiches an avos on burgers I figured why not soup.Here is what I did.

minced garlic
chopped onions
chopped jalapenos
chopped red bell pepper (for color)
Saute the above in olive oil add flour to make a roux.Add chicken stock cook untill boiling add avacados.Puree with hand mixer untill smooth.Add chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice.Serve with tortilla chips.Really all it is is guacamole in a thickened chicken broth.

Me and the wife ate most all of it giving some to the neighbor.It did not turn black while we ate.There was very little left over I doubt it will turn because all the liquid its in.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baboon that's almost as bad as eating eggplant!!!!! Sure in guacamole or in a sandwich.......but soup!!!! That's a lesbian soup if I ever saw one. At least put some chicken in it to um..."man it up a little."

My god man where is your pride.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just giving you a hard time. Cool

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
Just giving you a hard time. Cool

Chef,I was thinking I needed jump on the next flight up there to at least put some chicken into you hammering

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote