THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    How often do you eat wild game in 1 week?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How often do you eat wild game in 1 week?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted
If at home it is at least 5 days a week. I some time travel week to week but even then I have a chance to eat game some times.

Tonight part of my meal was a left over dish of ruff grouse cassirole with pork chops. I even had a sandwitch with deer salami with a bowl of soup for lunch.

I'm making a venison stew tomorrow.

I won't buy bacon for a while because I'll use either Ukranion, garlic or salami sausage.

I'm off to the fridge... BYE!

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Over the last year we ate the product of the field 5 to 6 times a week. We bought some ground meat ... mostly buffalo.

This year the harvest was good enough that we'll not buy anything from the meat counter at the grocery store as the main course at all. We will buy a few pounds of italian sausage to go with the ground venison in making spaghetti sauce.

We had a great deer harvest. Hit a few geese and ducks as well.

mike

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Every day if we're at home. My family (3 hunters) put 8 deer in the freezer, it'll feed us til next fall. We only buy the occasional beef steak and a little pork. I wouldn't buy pork if we had some wild hogs around Iowa [Frown]
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Usually 2-3 times a week, BUT we never buy meat all of it is raised right here on my farm or is wild game usually also killed here on the farm. We raise pigs for the table but like wild pork better but there are none on my farm so we have to go away for that. Raise chickens, rabbits, goats, lambs, ducks, geese, pigs, and beef; have deer, squirrel, quail, dove, elk, buffalo from various hunts last season. Like my meat. [Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Need a roommate? [Wink]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I eat a lot of meat I probley eat wild meat 4 to 5 times a week.
Yardbird I know what your saying we dont have wild hogs neather but I rase my own put 3 in the freezer this year.

boilerroom
sent you a PM
A bount the rabbit snares you posted on small game

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
4 or 5 times a week

one of us
posted Hide Post
depends on what we are having. I grind most of our deer into burger and jerky meat. I also make alot of roasts and a few steaks. We use the hamburger for everything so depends what we are having for the week(meatloaf,tacos, ect) Cory