Find
Notify
Tools

Food for the Gods
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted
Just come in this morning from deer hunting and came up with the following for breakfast.

Take a couple or three slices of fallow deer liver pate and coat it in batter. Deep fry until golden brown and leave to on side while you fry an egg dusted in salt, black pepper and paprika.
Brew up a fresh pot of coffee, place the egg on top of the pate, sit down and enjoy.
The cholesterol may kill you but you'll have one big smile on your face when you go.

Regards

Mark

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend was in the hospital one year witha smashed hip.He wouldn't eat the terrible hospital food so I took the deer liver and made pate and delivered it .With that kind of nutrition he healed fast !!...How do you make your pate ?

One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Dear Mete
Here we go.
Cop up a large onion and fry it till it has gone transparent. Chop 250gm belly pork and 750 gm liver ( 1 whole liver trimmed of tubes, membranes etc). Add whatever herbs,salt, spices that you like such as cayenne pepper, allspice and blend this up fine or course whichever.
Line a loaf tine with streaky bacon and pour the mixture in. Bake at a moderate heat with a cover on. The tin needs to sit in a tray of water to stop it overcooking. Once it has set let it cool with a weight on top to press the air out and refrigerate, lasts about a week.

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MarkH

"The Old Man and the boy" is my favorite!! Both of my sons have a copy and I can only hope they are there for my last hunt.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote