Find
Notify
Tools

Sous Vide Cooking Wild Game
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted
Anyone else cook their wild game steaks with a sous vide? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCgqP0BX9dM&t=5s

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Some of the best steaks I've ever cooked have been sous vide. Best way to precisely cook your protein.

But no more for me as my brother (a chef) said to me:

"Why would you cook your meals in a heated petrochemical product.........."

Haven't cooked sous vide since. (we had stopped microwaving in plastic containers years ago)

Shame, worked really well.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't you? I don't believe the heat is high enough to cause an issue.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Our oldest son has been cooking our meats lately with the sous vide set up that he has. Yesterday, we had our corned beef cooked that way. Big Grin Fantastic is an understatement. tu2 We also had corned beef cooked the traditional way. Guess which meat is still left? Big Grin He has also done pork loin sous vide that was to die for. I am a disciple of sous vide. tu2 The meat cooking in its own juices really seals in the flavor. The tenderness of the meat and the flavor is beyond words. tu2

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Wife's already had cancer once.......just not willing to take the risk, whether real or imagined.........

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
"Sous vide manufacturer ChefSteps recommends using food-grade vacuum sealing bags because they’re BPA-free and made of polyethylene (we like the ones made by FoodSaver). These bags need to be sealed with a vacuum-sealing system, which FoodSaver also makes. If you don’t want to pay for a vacuum sealing system, you can also use sturdy resealable freezer bags, like Ziploc ones made with low-density polyethylene."

We use the FoodSaver system.