Find
Notify
Tools

Filipino twist on pork ribs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Very tempting! But I'm not doing any deep fat frying until this bloody heat wave subsides.

https://www.seriouseats.com/fi...ork-spareribs-recipe

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Have my rack of St. Louis ribs bandsawed by the meat cutter at our local Brookshire's. Now to wait for it to cool down below 100 ... or buy a Fry Daddy so I can do it outside.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a 4 gallon Cajun Cooker. Ideal for deep frying outside and easier than a Fry Daddy to clean up. I just leave the peanut oil in mine with a cover over it. Mainly use it for fish, French fries and hush puppies but it works great for anything. And always use peanut oil…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a turkey that way one Thanksgiving about 20 years ago. It was pretty good, but I would not go through the expense + time to do it again.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I tried 'em according to the recipe. Crunchy, and good flavor. Didn't puff up as much, even though the peanut oil was good and hot. I would serve them on a nosh board or charc plate, but not as the main course.
Boy the Pecos cantaloupes at HEB were like perfume today. Had to bring one home.

– John Green, author