Find
Notify
Tools

Cooking with bourbon
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
One of the things I make is real vanilla extract. I have both vodka and bourbon extract. Both are double fold extracts.

It's peach season here and each year I buy a case of peaches (3/4 bushel) to put up. Yesterday I took 6 fresh peaches, scalded to skin them and made a peach crisp. I used some bourbon vanilla extract sprinkled over the cut fruit before adding the 'crisp' layer.

Outstanding.

My bourbon extract is made with Madagascar vanilla beans. Amazing stuff.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
WOW! Just WOW! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It tastes better than it looks. I will have to put a bunch up in the freezer. The bourbon gives it a bit of smokiness. Very nice.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
That all we need!

DRUNK dessert! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
That all we need!

DRUNK dessert! rotflmo

C'mon, Sweetie, I think you know this but I am going to say it anyway, the alcohol cooks out during baking. Please ask your wife to slap you upside the head for me. coffee

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
clap

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote