New
Find
Notify
Tools

Independence Day Eats !
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The host brought out some nice local venison sausage and some from Germany. A nice way to celebrate ! As I was leaving we started to talk about pork.He said , speaking of pork I have some wild boar given to me , would you like it ?? Silly question ! It was smoked boar hocks !That I will cook this way - throw the hocks into water along with lentils, chopped onion celery and carrot.Simmer until meat falls off bone. Disgard bone [and most of the skin if you have it] chop meat [and remaining skin] put back in pot.A VERY flavorful dish !! dancing

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I knew this was going to come up Big Grin

We had a very nice PETA 4th......

The morning started off with two picnic butts that went on about 6am along with the first Budweiser of the day.

These came off the grill about about 4pm and the shish kabobs went on. By this time I needed to be proped up. Too many Budweiser's beer

The rest of the affair was basic. Cole slaw and baked beans. Friends and family were there. We ate until we were miserable Big Grin

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Subway wasn't bad....... diggin CRYBABY at least they gave me extra tomato clap

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote