THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    arroz con venado, o paella de los montañas tal vez

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

arroz con venado, o paella de los montañas tal vez
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
the translation of the title is (hopefully) "rice with vension, or perhap mountain-style paella." strictly speaking in regards to spanish cuisine, i'm not quite sure whether this would more properly be a variation of arroz con pollo or of paella.

i had long wanted "andar de paella" ("to go for paella") featuring our fine north-central montana venison. i know from my reading that paella is what you make of it using the ingredients at hand, and that the only hard-and-fast requirements for paella are the rice, the saffron and preparation "en la paella" (the roud, flat pan that evolved especially for this national dish of spain); therefore, i choose to call it paella, adding the appellation "de los montañas" in order to evoke images of sheepherders or perhaps spanish outdoorsmen preparing this dish using freshly-killed deer and mushrooms they had found in the forest. either way, this was a true joy to prepare and to eat.

you can read about the history, ingredients, method etc. by clicking here. there are also step-by-step, illustrated instructions discussing ingredients and preparation. here's a shot of the final dish, which turned out very well:

any questions, just ask -

enjoy!

ron

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Made this recipe and it was excellent.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
glad you liked it, dla!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you ever tried to make a pork/venison chorizo ??
BTW I just put in an order for some Spanish foods .This is my first at www.tienda.com .I hope they are ok.

one of us
posted Hide Post
la tienda is top-of-the-line - no worries!