THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Tips for broiling thick Halibut steaks?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tips for broiling thick Halibut steaks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
I love broiled fish, but my wife claims she dosn't know how to do that .Anyone got any tips I can pass onto her? (I like the fish just a little crispy brown on the outside, but not dry on the inside.)

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a broil method, but try dipping skin off Halibut in an egg and milk wash, lightly dredge with flour seasoned with salt and pepper then roll in finely chopped pecans. Cook in 2-3 Tbs butter (best) or olive oil 3-4 minutes per side assuming 1 inch+/- thick. Remove from skillet and pour remaining skillet drippings and pecans over the fish and serve immediately. Crisp outside, moist inside with a great mild flavor.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,
Try cooking them in a cooler as in the "Ya'll Gotta Try This" thread. After an hour and a half or two hours (they can't overcook), spice them to taste and broil for just a few minutes per side. You are only broiling for the outer crust, the fish will already be entirely done and no danger of them being dry.

I haven't had any halibut to cook but I've done salmon, perch and catfish with complete success. Just bear in mind that done fish is fragile when you take it out and handle it.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote