THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    The Hot New Item For Organic Food Stores !!!!

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hot New Item For Organic Food Stores !!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted
I'm thinking that the below recipe, with some modifications, would be the hot ticket item in the organo yuppy food stores.

Disciplinary loaf, also called Nutraloaf.

The food served to troublesome prisoners in solitary confinement, designed to be nutritionally complete and have a 'neutral' taste, meaning it's bland and it sucks. It's also the subject of lawsuits trying to deem it Un-Constitutional on the grounds it is cruel and unusual punishment.

Which sounds exactly like many of the high priced 'all natural' food stuffs found in organic food stores. Except for the fact that disciplinary loaf is still more flavorful.

The Recipe for Nutraloaf

Each meal contains 996 calories for a total of 2,988 calories per day.

INGREDIENTS:

* 6 slices Whole Wheat Bread, finely chopped
* 4 ounces Non-dairy Cheese, finely grated
* 4 ounces Raw Carrots, finely grated
* 12 ounces Spinach, canned, drained
* 4 ounces Seedless Raisins
* 2 cups Great Northern Beans, cooked and drained
* 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
* 6 ounces Tomato Paste
* 8 ounces Milk, powdered, instant nonfat/skim
* 6 ounces Potato Flakes, dehydrated

PREPARATION:

The above mixture will be divided into 3 loaves, providing 1 loaf per meal.

Mix all ingredients together in a 12-quart stainless steel mixing bowl. Make sure wet items are drained. Ingredients may be kneaded with hands (wearing plastic gloves) or mixed with a spoon. The mixture should be stiff and just moist enough to spread. Form loaf in glazed bread pan. It is suggested that the loaf pan be placed in the oven on a sheet pan containing water. This will help keep the bottom of the loaf from burning. Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until each loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. The loaf will start to pull away from the side of the bread pan when baking is completed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I ate worse stuff in the chow hall when I was on active duty.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Pirate's Life. There is a reason my buddies and I had a drawer dedicated to hot sauce on deployment. Once you get to the point where everything you eat comes out of a government can or freezer you can eat anything with some good hot sauce. Oh by the way I can tell you from personal experience that Diesel is not a good marinade for steak. Worst night of my life!

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks and sounds like it would gag a maggot, even with plenty of Tabassco.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote