Find
Notify
Tools

I did it
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Well, I hope this thing lasts a few years. Why did I settle on this? Well, it is the reality of my budget. They are not well made despite the name but I hope to do some nice smoking with it. I am still waiting for the cold smoke attachment. Apparently the Chinese factory workers had Christmas off.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We've used a MasterBuilt for years and it's still going strong. Good luck Ann!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ann, I look forward to seeing the products of your industry tumbling out the door of your new smoker!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be doing a load of cheese first, very soon. This will work better than my rotted out and drafty propane grill. I need a new grill too. <<<sigh>>>

But- I plan to get on the stick for sausage crafting once I finish logging and making firewood.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a trooper! tu2 tu2

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
"Once I finish logging ..."
Ann, you're my new hero. Honestly. Cool

– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, it is actually a chore I enjoy doing and it is nice to reap the results when cold winter sets in.

~Ann

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ann, my ex and I had five acres some years ago in the mountains of southern Oregon. I had a Husqvarna chainsaw that would actually start, and a Mahindra 3-cylinder diesel tractor. I worked on thinning Doug fir and Pacific Madrone, bucking into 6-foot sections and dragging them down the hill to the edge of the pasture where I could get to them with the tractor. I dumped them in front of the boat shed/garage where I had a sawbuck and a chopping block set up. It was hard work, but the reward was priceless: sitting in a recliner by the fireplace that was burning that wood in quiet conversation, with my little blind dog Gunnar curled up between my outstretched feet, a mug of good beer, a sharp Ticonderoga No. 2 pencil and notepad, and Pat Metheny and Charlie Haden's "Beyond the Missouri Sky" on the CD system was as close to heaven on earth as I ever deserve to come.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, indeed, some memories are priceless!

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote