Find
Notify
Tools

Need Recipe!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Hi guys. I need a recipe for a cherry pie from scratch as I have a slew of fresh cherries + none of my cookbooks offer one. Thanks in advance.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First you plant a cherry tree....... Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look on the internet ! They use tart or sour cherries 4 cups, sugar [properly to taste ] a cup or so, a thickener . Too much sugar and thickener makes , to me , a poor pie.
A good commercial blueberry pie is Sara Lee Commercial. I don't know about the cherry ones as I'm allergic to cherries !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope it is sour cherries you have like Montmorency or North Star, they are the pie cherries.

I use 4 cups of pitted sour cherries, 1 cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons of cornstarch. I mix the cherries, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan and cook until the sugar dissolves (the cherries will release a lot of juice which will dissolve the sugar) and it begins to thicken. Pour into a pie crust and top with another crust. Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour or until well browned on top. There's nothing better than cherry pie made from fresh sour cherries.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A cherry pie from scratch must be something.I remember my grandmother used to buy a quality cherry pie from the supermarket in the early seventies that cost 50 cents.You could fill your spoon with a bunch of cherries.Today they cost 5 bucks and there are no cherries in it-just gelatine and coloring.,

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.atasteofmichigancherries.com/

Traverse city MI --Cherry City -- you'll find it all there.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Look around this site.

cherry pie

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote