Find
Notify
Tools

Yum, yum, yum
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Just a reminder that summer is kebob season and so easy to make. This is steak cut from my 2021 whitetail buck marinated in vinegar/oil with a variety of seasonings. I brushed the same on when I set these on the grill. Onions and shallots are from my garden. Big crop of them this year. I broke down to buy the mushrooms as my area is in severe drought and will be for many more months. Anyway, delicious, easy. Plenty of leftovers.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2We've been eating shish kebabs quite a bit this summer. We also add tomatoes, green, orange, red and yellow peppers as well. One of my all time favorites!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed; I add peppers as well. That looks really great, Ann.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Cut it out, Ann! Cool
I had forgotten about kebabs, which are so easy to do on the grill. Haven't felt much like cooking or even eating in this relentless Rolling Plains Texas heat.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'm not a bell pepper person but yes, for those who like them the additional color would be wonderful. No ripe tomatoes in the garden for me yet.

Kebabs are so easy in the heat and venison does so well prepared this way. Next time I make these I will serve it along with the pickles I just made. See the next topic. Bet that will be very refreshing. All low carb, low calorie for sure which feels light on the stomach in this heat.

Once my tomatoes come in I will serve with fresh slices rather than cooking them.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love kebobs and I like tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms on them as well, but one thing I've observed is that the vegetables cook quicker than the meat.
So I skewer the meat alone on their own skewers and the veges on their own skewers. You can take the vege skewers off earlier and When they are all done, I put them all in a serving dish. That's just me.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote