Find
Notify
Tools

This one looks good
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Have to admit I really love chicken cooked just about any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFZQyV4l2Uk

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that, Bill. I'm gonna try it. It looks super easy to prep.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, + BTW, I think this will be a good place to use my salt/Truffles mix. tu2

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chicken breast dry out easily if overcooked, I suggest a little different approach. When pounding the breast, season it first, then pound, that way less seasoning comes off when you smear the breast. I've had chicken breast rolls up open up during the cooking process and all the contents spills out so I usually tie the rolls or use a toothpick or two. Another cooking method to consider is to set the oven temp at 425, sear off the top side of the breast on the cook top, flip the breast when a nice brown color is achieved, then finish them in the oven and remove when an internal temp of 160 is reached. This method sears the breasts which helps keep them moist and overall cook time is quicker. A pocket thermometer is what I use to take the internal temps. Cooking for 40 mins "may" dry out the breasts, maybe not.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Boneless skinless chicken should be outlawed.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I mentioned this recipe to my Mother + that reminded her of remagin, a German dish that is almost the same except using veal. She's gonna dig out her old German cook book as she hasn't made it in years.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ann, I appreciate the added flavor of a breast with skin on, but find the skinless and boneless incredibly convenient. -- but then I no longer have chickens, either.
I made this one and have two thoughts: double the mayo/mustard so as to have enough to brush on the rolled up strips; and add some chopped mushrooms before rolling these up. I used Gruyere instead of Fontina. Very good.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a good additional move. I generally use Dellicstesion Senf in the toothpaste tube that friends in Germany send over periodically but I am very sparing with it as it's too rare to use on just anything. Our local grocery store now has an International Isle that does carry Lowensenf that I use on sandwiches + mixing but keep the former for wursts. And yes the boneless skinless chicken breasts are a convenience

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been enjoying cruising this recipe site. There are some fantastic ones to try. The spaghetti one I was going to disregard as I know how to make easy spaghetti but their prep made a wonderful finished product presentation. Also, I'm impressed that all these cooks have the best knives. I have always liked shopping in the commercial restaurant supply stores; they truly have the best knives, S/S pans, etc. + really a lot cheaper than one would think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best knives are forged. The worst are stamped. Most people have stamped. They do not hold an edge.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. That's why I pay more for quality knives. In the long run you have spent a bit of temporary money on a lifetime investment + I have found that the restaurant supply houses (in addition to be a great shopping experience) have the best knives at that level.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They sell mostly stamped steel. 100% garbage.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess we have shopped at different stores. The Austin Restaurant supply on 5th st. (gone now) had the best quality knife assortment.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
FYI - Victorinox makes some nice thin knives that sharpen up quickly. Price is about half of a Henckel. Grippy handle when wet.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote