Find
Notify
Tools

Indian fry bread tacos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I have never had much use for the eggshell-fragile Old El Paso taco shells from the grocery store. When I ran across a discussion of Indian Fry Bread Tacos -- featured at the Oklahoma State Fair -- I had to give them a try. I normally don't like to deep-fry anything, but this was worth the mess -- and I have some left over to drizzle with honey and cinnamon.

https://sprinklesomefun.com/in...os-indian-fry-bread/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Fresh pizza dough stretched thin is awesome deep fried about 10-15 seconds per side. It crackles when you bite it. Great for subs. Might be worth a try for tacos. Maybe I try some. Thanks.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I was somewhere on the Navajo Nation about 10 years ago with my first wife and we pulled over for a roadside stay that had the crudest sign you could scrawl for Indian tacos.

Clean or sanitary wasn't even a consideration, but we didn't have kids along so we figured we'd survive a night or three of food poisoning.

Delicious and no after effects. I can clearly remember handing the lady the cash and walking away giggling about how near death sick I would be in just a few short hours.

Posts: 9091 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I learned how to make the fry bread when I stayed on the rez for a while. I keep several jars of the "dry mix" so all I have to do is add the wet, then make. Handy for fresh bread in a short notice . I also pressure can Axis burger with a taco seasoning , so it's really quick for tacos around here.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com