New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Looking for a crab recipe
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If what you have is Surimi (spelling?), which is really processed fish made to look like the meat from crab legs, it doesn�t matter what you do with it because it is trash. Now if you have 2 pounds of Monk fish that is a different story. Treat that like you would lump crab meat. Tell me which you have and I�ll post something for you. Just so you have something to think about make a: (if you have Monk fish boil it is satted water for about 5 min and flake first)
Crab-Pesto Salad

Serves:

Ingredients:
3 c Uncooked medium shell macaro
1 tb Olive or vegetable oil
1 c Pesto or
1 Container (8 ounces) pesto
1/2 c Small pitted ripe olives
1/4 c White wine vinegar
4 Italian plum tomatoes, each
Into 4 wedges
4 c Coarsely shredded spinach
Grated parmesan cheese,
1lb Crab meat

Instructions:
Cook macaroni as directed on package.
Rinse in cold water and drain; toss with oil.
Mix pesto, olives, vinegar and tomatoes in large bowl.
Arrange 2 cups macaroni and 2 cups spinach on olive mixture; repeat with remaining macaroni and spinach.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Add crab.
Toss and sprinkle with cheese.
6 SERVINGS (ABOUT 2 CUPS EACH)
Serve with some warm crusty bread an a glass of "dago" red wine.

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
spicycrab dip,,,1 lb of crab,1/2 cup mayo,1/2 pound of pepper jack cheese[shredded],1 hot pepper[diced],couple shakes of each-salt,pepper,old bay,1tsp dry ground mustard.put all ingredients in a bowl gently fold 'till mixed well,,,put in a casserole dish and bake @325 'till top is golden brown and bubbly,,,,serve hot. Easier yet!!!! 1lb of crab,any can of cambells cream o whatever,,1/2 can of milk,,mix all in a skillet and heat 'till content it's cooked,,serve over what ever you care,,toast,rice,french fries,,,,,,, Have fun!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what kind of fish it is, but it ain't crab. My mother buys it at Food Lion and makes this linguine dish with it every Friday like clockwork. I am not too hot on it and was looking for something else. I found a recipe for a cassarole and juiced it up from its too-dry state as presented on the web. Even my dad said it was good, so it must be. I like it and it's easy to make with stuff you're almost certain to have in your icebox and on your cupboard. If anybody wants the recipe, I'll put it up once I see a request or two for it.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote