Find
Notify
Tools

Done with rotel ugg
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
I had flames coming out of my mouth. I won't discuss coming out the other end.
I tried another can of tomatoes with hatch chilies which has a lot of flavor. I like hatch chilies.
I think it would be a nice flavorful addition to your tomato based recipes.

Posts: 1075 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I use Rotel from time to time, but thaw some of last fall’s roasted Hatch chiles when I want some “kick of New Mexico,” which is frequently.
hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I roast jalapenos that I grow in my garden. Far and above better than store bought stuff in recipes. No, I don't do flaming hot spices in my food.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Nothing like fresh. I roast all my vegetables.

Posts: 1075 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I use Ro-Tel in my chili (but we won't go there). My wife used to be one of the chick singers in the Austin Band, "Ro-Tel + the Hot Tomatoes." Check them out on U tube. She has the blonde beehive.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have chili in practically every meal I eat.

But, normal green chilis are my limit and Tabasco is my limit in bottled variety.

I cannot take anything much hotter than these.

We grow our own chili.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66995 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I use Ro-Tel in my chili (but we won't go there). My wife used to be one of the chick singers in the Austin Band, "Ro-Tel + the Hot Tomatoes." Check them out on U tube. She has the blonde beehive.

I wonder, with the beehive, is she a b-52's fan?

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like Hatch chiles. Ro-Tel has always been excessively hot to me. I like to make my own with roasted Serranos and canned roasted diced tomatoes. I add onions, garlic, cooked carrots, and a tablespoon of agave nectar. Salt to taste.

Posts: 3684 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, it was a wig of course + they all wore mini skirts. Yes she likes them + Cindi Lauper as well. Her + a fellow actress did a video in a costume shop on South Congress Blv. called, "Lucy In Disguise" to the background song, "Girls Just want to have fun," It got put on TV in a commercial + helped the Jenna, the owner save her store because of increased sales.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ro-Tel is great in queso, just drain it first. And I like to fry up some chorizo before melting the cheese.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use it in my queso too as well as a can of Wolf brand chili (no beans) Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

So how do you roast your peppers? I love peppers.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I brush them with a little grapeseed or olive oil and put them right on the grill. I turn them as they roast just one time. I store them in baggies in the freezer.

It's pretty simple and worth the slight effort!

I do trim and gut the seeds out of the pods before grilling.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Great advice Ann! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ro-tel tomatoes are a major food group at my house!

I love em in most everything tomato based. Except Italian of course...

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, being a Texan, spicy is a prerequisite.