New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good jeky
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a tried and true jerky soak. Slice meat 1/4" thick. Let it sit over night and dry in an oven at 200 degrees or dehydrator. Must be kept in the refer since there is no preservatives. Keeps for two weeks. Works for beef too. Use this per pound of meat.

1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon red cooking wine
1 teaspoon sliced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon sliced jalapeno peppers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just found a great new flavor to add to your spicy recipe.

Its called 'Southwest Seasoning' and is available from Sams CLub or Costco I would guess too. Looks like crushed red pepper flakes but imparts a real great smokey flavor and is more tasty if you sprikle some on top as it cooks.

My normal spicy recipe is simple, 1/2 cup of soy sauce maybe a little more, heaping spoonful of garlic, crushed red pepper (not too much now), some black pepper, small glug of liquid smoke, whatever hot sauce I want to get rid of, and if I have an open bottle of red wine I throw some in too.

Everytime is different, and you really can't go wrong.

Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce is great for a sweet recipe. One part Gourmet Sauce, One part Soy Sauce and a nice spoonful of garlic and a small glug of liquid smoke, gives great flavor and its not stick to the touch.

-Spencer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet that would be good!!

I use Yoshida marinades and their stir fry sauce too...it's good stuff!! Gota go light on the liquid smoke or it will overwhelm the meat..IMHO.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How thick is the stir fry sauce?

The Gourmet is good and thick and doesnt turn sticky. Thats why I stopped using their Teriyaki sauce, impossible to eat, too sticky on the outside.

-Spencer