New
Find
Notify
Tools

MEC 9000GN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Decided to buy an auto indexing shotshell reloader in 12G to replace a well used Bair press.

Need a new press because the kids have just bought a big electric trap and I need to keep up the 12G supply.

Was looking at the Hormady 366 but watching a video on YouTube turned me off. The sizing station is a whole separate operation and not part of the auto indexing process.

I can't tell from MEC site or YouTube what the setup is on the 9000GN.

I think sizing is a collet station which is part of the auto index process.

Am I right in making that assumption?

Is the MEC the way to go in that price range?

Thanks.
Ozzie

posted Hide Post
Ozzie -

I have 4 of the MEC 9000GN's and love them. Both the wife and I shoot skeet, and we go through a lot of shells. Big Grin

You are correct in stating the Collet sizing is part of the auto index feature.

You slip a shell into station #1 which is also the collet size die. As you pull down on the handle, the Shell lowers into the collet for sizing, and depriming. As you return the handle to thhe top, the shell is raised and then cycled to the prime station.

Hope that helps

Posts: 24 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 16 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. I'll go ahead and order one.

I'm DownUnder and am buying the MEC sight unseen hence the question. The dollar exchange rate is also great at the moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once you load with a 9000, you will never go back to a single stage press Smiler

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote