New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 gauge Remington hulls
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know how to resize Remington 8-gauge industrial hulls to fit an 8-gauge shotgun. I seem to remember there was past information on what to do about the extra metal band at the base of the industrial shotshells, but my memory fails me. These hulls are MUCH cheaper than buying vintage hulls. I have a full box (50) of unfired Eley vintage 8-gauge hulls but really do not want to use them to shoot. They are too valuable to just shoot. Yes, I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but...

Thanks for the help.
LLR

Posts: 55 | Location: West Point, NY | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will need 2 dies to size the 8 guage industrial hulls before they will fit in an 8 guage shotgun. Contact John Millar, PO Box 65, Danville, WA 99121. (He lives in Canada I believe) Telephone 250-442-5616. In 2008 he made me 2 die head sizer for 1 &1/4" threaded for a press such as the RCBS press. Cost at the time $ 190.00. Also made Mec 8 ga. retooling set for my Mec 600 Jr. approx. cost $ 300.00. Ordered July 2008 delivered Feb 2009.
His work I found to be top quality.
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a source of hulls in the St Louis area. Let me ask my brother the URL and I will send it to you. I have about a dozen or so of the translucent hull loaded blanks here somewhere.

Better yet, PM me tomorrow afternoon. How many hundred might you need?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500straight:
Does anyone know how to resize Remington 8-gauge industrial hulls to fit an 8-gauge shotgun. I seem to remember there was past information on what to do about the extra metal band at the base of the industrial shotshells, but my memory fails me. These hulls are MUCH cheaper than buying vintage hulls. I have a full box (50) of unfired Eley vintage 8-gauge hulls but really do not want to use them to shoot. They are too valuable to just shoot. Yes, I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but...

Thanks for the help.
LLR

Check out this website. (www.ballisticproducts.com) Ballistic Products has everything you would ever need for reloading shotgun shells. They even have 8 gauge components listed: (Remington Industrial 8-gauge 3-1/4" Hull, Black tube, new, primed, 50/pk - $36.99.) They also have 8 gauge wads listed. I would call them and ask them if they know how to resize them. Good luck.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote