Notify
Tools

28 ga. hulls
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted
Does anybody have a source for once fired 28 ga. AA's

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look on here at the Thread 10 ga hulls the place is called Precision Reloading .com they have them.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Used 28 ga. hulls are probably the most difficult to find. (Well, 16 ga. would be even more difficult.) I got some of the old Winchester AA ones that a friend bought off ebay some time ago. I've also picked up a substantial number from skeet ranges over the years.

If you have access to a skeet range, go there after a 28 gauge match, or the 28 gauge phase of a 4-gun (12, 20, 28, 410) match. You should be able to pick up some then, as some skeet shooters are not reloaders.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snipe Hunter
posted Hide Post
I fought it until last year when I accepted the inevitable. As they become fewer and fewer they will only continue to get more expensive when you can find them. I was reluctant but I finally switched to the HS hull. I haven't looked back since.

SH

------------------------------------
I admit there are advantages in game of every type;
But I've never heard of beast or bird to excel the twisting snipe.
Nicholas Kane, Louisiana, 1880

Got Snipe?

Posts: 83 | Location: Out in some godforsaken marsh | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, Ebay has them from time to time. I bought some last summer and the shipping was almost as much as the hulls. If you get down to Phoenix the Trap and skeet club should have them during shoots. I've also seen them on Auctionarms.com once in awhile.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys-Jim

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There 's a guy that has some hull and other 28ga stuff for sale on North American Hunter.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, are you trying to use up some old AA wads and want the old ones versus the new AA HS hulls?

I am only using the new HS hulls now and love them. I got quite few of them before the feeding frenzy on ebay started.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Chic, Yes that was kind of what I had in mind.
Boy are you right about the feeding frenzy! I bid $30.00 on a lot of 500 the other day and when the dust settled I was'nt even close. Oh well, I'll find some eventually. Jim

"O" = zero

NRA life member