Find
Notify
Tools

European 16 Guage
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of F4J
posted
Does anyone have a source for Euro 16 guage 65MM loaded shells in Buck or slug? It looks to be about 2 3/16 inch. I don't cre where they're made as long as they fit and shoot.
Thanks.

Posts: 21 | Location: Exeter, NH | Registered: 22 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
F4J,

I don't know, but since nobody else has responded, I suggest you try here:

http://www.16ga.com

There's a list of ammo mfrs and what they offer, including 2.5" shells, but I don't specifically remember any slugs.

Steve

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
65mm is 2 and a 1/2". Old Western Scrounger used to stock them, I don't know if they still do. Otherwise, the Europeans also load 67mm shells which are supposed to work in both older 65mm and newer 70mm (2 and 3/4")chambers at chamber pressures that won't be dangerous in the older guns. I think the 67mm shells are considered 2 and 9/16" in the USA. Most of the older 16 gauge barrels are modified improved or fully choked so you may want to look for slugs that work well in that choking, or get the barrels opened up. I own an old Darne in 16 gauge that some genius rechambered to 3", what a pity. But you can also have the guns rechambered to 2 and 3/4 and in most cases (let the gunsmith make that determination) there won't be any danger if you stay with traditional loads.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote