THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Goodbye to our 1968 Chevelle Super Sport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to our 1968 Chevelle Super Sport
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As much as I enjoy this site, I decided I would post a pic of a car that has been in our family for the past 25+ years.
I bought this car as a "project" when I was 17 years old. I owned it for 5 years and decided I better by a house since I had just married and needed a down payment to qualify.

My mom had owned a Chevelle in the 60's, a 68 SS too and sold it. She, nor my dad wanted to see another Chevelle leave the family.

They have spent the last 20 years restoring it, garaging it, and taking it to a few car shows. Being as my parents just retired, they finally decided to sell it. I made a call to my friend in Midland Texas and he spoke with a few people and found a buyer. Over the years many people offered to buy it but my parents never budged. I guess times change!

I guess I am headed on a 1800 mile road trip Friday to deliver it.

Here are some interesting facts:

I bought it in 1988 for $1500
My parents bought it in 1993 from me for $2600 or $2800 (can't remember)
Now, in 2013 it sold for $21,800. However, that is with A LOT of restoration completed!

Its a true SS model with a 396 motor. Hope you like the pic's.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I guess I do not have "permission" under my account settings to post pic's. I maybe mis-interpreting how to post pics!

I will email pic's if anyone is interested in posting them

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Jason

You can email them to me at numzaan@zoho.com & I'll either post them for you or email them back to you so you can post them yourself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
numzaan@zoho.com

Just sent them Steve, thanks!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here you go my friend. Smiler

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate, whoever gave you US$21800 for that beauty got the buy of a lifetime........ over here in Portugal, it'd easily be worth US$50K.

Damn but it's bloody lovely! tu2

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
slight correction:

I've just checked the rates:

US$21800 = E16684 = UKP14432

And here in Portugal I reckon it'd be worth at least:

E40000 = UKP34599 = US$52260

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
beautiful restoration.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shelton, It was painted 15 years ago. The paint looks like Shakari owned it for the past 15 years ha ha!!

Look at that car in the background. It is 100% original. Its a 1928 cadilla Limo! It was an absolutely amazing car. A rancher had it stored in a shed for years. It has 4900 original miles!

They were asking $67,000 for it!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate

I'd have loved the opportunity to keep that little stunner as shiny as I keep my old Jeep....... just as long as I could have kept it right alongside my old Jeep! Smiler

Here's the car all loaded on the trailer and ready to go.

Travel safely Jason.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I noticed the Caddy in the background and it looks lovely....... was this an auction?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason, whereabouts in Utah are you?

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A BEAUTIFUL Classic!!

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve:

It was a car show. There were probably 1000 or more
cars there.

Bob:

I'm in Woodruff. I think I've seen you on mm before.
Before I left that site, I used to post as "woodruffhunter"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I remember you from mm.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Jason

WOW. That's some car show........ I'd be in hog heaven there! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'll have another chevelle to look for here in Midland :-)

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brought back memories. I bought a '68 Plymouth Roadrunner (383) new in 1968; forest green with black vinyl roof and hood patch. My wife drove a '68 Chevelle 396; black & white. Her car was stolen in El Paso in 1970. Mine was stolen in Houston in 1971. Hers ended up in Juarez. I got mine back after a week.

I paid $2,600 with everything in 1968, and sold it for $1,200 four years later. My wife decided she couldn't control a baby and Hurst 4-speed at the same time.

Now that the baby is 41 I'd like to have the Roadrunner back.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed the Caddy in the background and it looks lovely....... was this an auction?

Steve:

I beleive I may have mentioned this in our emails. That Cadi was actually a limo and is 100% original! It only had about 4,900,original miles. I believe it was a 1000 928. I loved the interior. A lot of wood craftmanship and gold cloth interior. You could just tell it was original by the color and designs (if that makes sense)!

Get you a plane ticket for next July Steve, for a few days. I will put you up free of charge and take you to the car show! You would really enjoy it.

Bugle:

I am in Midland every other month, or more, for business. Let me know if you see it.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

Get you a plane ticket for next July Steve, for a few days. I will put you up free of charge and take you to the car show! You would really enjoy it.

I'm hoping to take my old Jeep on a few rallies and shows next year but if I'm not doing one of those I just might take you up on that my friend! tu2