Find
Notify
Tools

Jeep customer service
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
So, I'm hoping to export my Jeep from RSA to Portugal in a few week's time and as part of getting the paperwork sorted out, I visited my local Jeep dealer today.

The lady plumbed the numbers into her computer, smiled & told me there was an outstanding recall on my 1980 Jeep and although it had been issued in 1982, they'll order the part & as soon as it arrives, will fit it free of charge!

Now that's what I call good customer service! Eeker

Unfortunately I'll be gone by the time it arrives but just for laughs, I'll try to get it done in Portugal. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve

Yes you will be gone but im sure i will fit it on my jeep because its staying in south africa mate.

Best of luck.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hold your horses my friend...... I just got the first quote in for shipping the Jeep and it was only E1500. - I reckon that's pretty good! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
YAAA right!!
Luan ask mom what she will take for the jeep today????? I bet she makes you a hell of a deal, she would most likely though in a jeep mechanic free rotflmo rotflmo and he has a fresh coat of wax on too rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
She's got the right hump that the shipping quote was only E1500 and the rest of the gear was E5500.

animal

The other good news is we'll probably need a back up/second car because we hope to be living out of town and I've been looking on the net for relatively inexpensive vehicles......... and of course as my tastes run to classics that I can at least service myself, I looked at them and there's a few Mercedes SLs, SLCs & SLKs that aren't too horrendously expensive by Portuguese standards. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate

Leave the jeep i will look after it our drive in nelspruit convinced me i will help you get a slc please.

Luan

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
What I should have done is let you drive it and I'll make sure to give you the chance next time.......... cos it's probably going to be the only chance you get! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Portugal big enough to turn a jeep around in?

bewildered

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
Is Portugal big enough to turn a jeep around in?

bewildered

SSR

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
not if it's in luan's drive way rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I called him today and told him all the hassle I'm having with the registration process...... and the bugger said "good!"

animal jumping animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve

I phoned customs and told them you smuggling birds out of the country to portugal hope it helped.

Cheers
Luan

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:
Steve

I phoned customs and told them you smuggling birds out of the country to portugal hope it helped.

Cheers
Luan

animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal

Damn, I almost wet myself laughing when I read that! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LUAN did you mention the pet rhino he wanted to ship in the jeep???

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
What, all of it or just the pointy bits?

rotflmo