Find
Notify
Tools

I like it as much as my guns.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted
Following is a photo of my 1994 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6. I bought this car new, in Hermosa Beach, Ca, a little over 20 years ago. Fortunately, I had the sense not to sell it, as I have done with some of my guns, and then, lived to regret it. Porsche only made about 1,425 of these cars worldwide. There are less than 500 of them in the U.S. :

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold my '88 Turbo a few years ago. I also sold a Westley Richards 450/400 that was made in 1908 and went to Calcutta to Lyon & Lyon to be used by a tiger hunter.

Fool! Fool! Fool!

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that your garage?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Rich, yes, that is my garage Crammed into it are my Porsche, my 2011 Shelby Mustang, and my reloading bench. It's a little crowded, but workable, (except when it's 115 degrees!). Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what A/C is for.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't be! There is waaaaaaaay too much empty space to be a real garage.

And, waaaaaaay too tidy!

Very nice ride, I could make room next to my XK-8 convertible in my extremely messy, crowded garage.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Rich: how 'bout I park the Mustang out in the driveway and make room for your XK-8 between the Porsche and the reloading bench. Your car should be happy in such company. Chip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be honored, and the Jag might come in heat!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A neat garage is the sign of a sick mind.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A neat garage is the sign of a sick mind.

tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Porsche dealer still in Hermosa? I am trying to remember the name, Polak or something like that. I used to drive by the place while visiting a girlfriend that lived in the area. This was way before 1994 though. I think you had to speak German or the salesmen wouldn't talk to you.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it Vasek Polack> or something like that?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Butch: yes, the name of the dealership was Vasek Polak. They did not have my car in their inventory when I walked into the showroom, but they located a car that fit my specs. up in Santa Barbara at the dealership up there, Cutter Automotive. It was shipped down by truck, and I took delivery on March 9, 1994. The car has been coddled over the years, and has only 14,200 miles on the clock. It is as much of a thrill to drive it today as it was when I got it. Cheers. Chip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I live in Alaska the second time (1974-1980)I bought my performance Porsche parts from them.

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Great 993! Not a huge Porsche fan these days; it's air-cooled or nuthin'!

Also a huge fan of the true American muscle car - the Mustang.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:
Great 993! Not a huge Porsche fan these days; it's air-cooled or nuthin'!

Also a huge fan of the true American muscle car - the Mustang.

Clayman: the stablemate of my Turbo Porsche is a 2011 Ford GT 500 Shelby Cobra. Cheers to your good taste!

P.S. My Chocolate Lab wanted to get his butt in the photo!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you know, there's plenty of room in there for my black Harley-Davidson FLSTF. Put a 120 inch R motor in last year. 130 Horsepower and 130ft/lbs of torque at the back tire. It's the right color and everything.

Which of the two gets more exercise?

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
you know, there's plenty of room in there for my black Harley-Davidson FLSTF. Put a 120 inch R motor in last year. 130 Horsepower and 130ft/lbs of torque at the back tire. It's the right color and everything.

Which of the two gets more exercise?

Rich: I have seen your thread on that bike…..it is an awesome beast. On the cars…..just to give you an idea of the amount of exercise… I have owned the Turbo for over 20 years…..it has 14,200 miles on the clock. I bought the Shelby in January of 2011….it has 22,000 miles on the clock. So the Turbo is averaging about 60 miles per month. The Shelby is averaging about 550 miles per month. So I guess the Shelby gets used almost 10 times as much as the Turbo. Cheers. Chip.