Find
Notify
Tools

Porsche Macan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone own one ?

I got pissed off at ford and gmc wanting $10-$25k premium for buying a Denalli or Ford Bronco.

I bought a 2018 Porsche Macan with 30k miles just on principle when GMC sales guy texted me a used Ford Ranger xlt pickup with 30k miles for $30k. A gimmick pickup w/o 4x4 but lifted for show.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I've got one. Well, it's my wife's.

First, it's a very nice vehicle. We've had it now for 3.5 years and about 45,000 miles. Hasn't needed a single repair. Interior and exterior looks new. Drives great and with the "Sport" button engaged, throttle response is tight. Without "Sport", I find the throttle response to lag more than I can tolerate.

My one negative about it is the climate control system. There are some good points. For instance, when you first get in it on a cold day, you don't have to wait for the engine to warm up to get warm air. There is an electric coil that provides immediate heat, with the coil fading as the engine warms.

However, getting air out of the system when you first start it, takes 30 to 40 seconds as the computer has to think about what you are commanding it to do. Also, even though the passenger and driver can "independently" control their sides, it leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, I like air blowing directly on me; my wife can't stand air blowing on her. So if I put my side on full fan speed, and she reduces her side to something less than full fan speed, my fan speed will reduce as well. If she puts hers on minimum fan speed, my side still set on full fan speed, will reduce to about 1/3 fan speed.

Also, if you select air to the dashboard vents, nothing on the floor, both sides matched to full fan speed, and then reduce fan speeds equally from full, you'll hear the fan doesn't slow. What happens is the air will be split from dashboard to floor.

I took it to the dealership right after we purchased it to check this and was told that's how Porsche does climate control.

That's really my only gripe but it's enough to make me not like the car. I like simple. My new Ram's climate control is old school. No programming. Turn the temp control and you get hot / cold / or an appropriate mix. Turn the fan speed control and you get exactly what you command, immediately. My Lotus is the same way. No programming. Just good old analog controls with direct control of the temps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Extended warranty might be worth considering.

https://rennlist.com/forums/po...problems-beware.html

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 years unlimited miles from Porsche.

Went to pay for the suv today.

People at dealership were surprised I was in no hurry to pick up suv and asked them to hold it for a week.

Will talk to my mechanics this week to see if he Is fine working on Porsche Macan.

The purchase was not planned I was just pissed at issues with buying a damn 1/2 ton pick up.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new purchase Mike.

My friend's son bought one of the 450 HP Macans. Loves it. My friend just ordered one for a December delivery in Germany. Free Hotel, free day at the track, etc.

Here's some info for our premium car fans.

Looks like J.D. Flour has their hooks into N.A.D.A. guides. They are the worst Mercedes-Benz haters on the planet.
WARNING. Many MB values on NADA are now way under the real world sometimes even at 50%. Just a heads up.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5105 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and I love it

Posts: 195 | Registered: 03 September 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife has the big brother Cayenne S. Really nice car. No problems.
434 HP. Not real good in slow and stop and traffic as its small engine 2.9 little has no torque without boost, can be jerky.. No boost at low RPM's but once up and running got all the power you need on normal streets.
What I like the most on it is it feels so "planted" on wet road. Being AWD it gives great confidence.
I think the Macan is a little sportier.
Think you will be happy!
I am a lot like Todd as I like my cummins Ram 2500.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote