THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    advice needed on keeping aluminum wheels nice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

advice needed on keeping aluminum wheels nice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a very well kept '96 F250

with 1" thick ten hole aluminum wheels

polished up real fine.

I'm crippled up and can't get down to keep them

up nice.

What works best to keep them looking nice?

Thank you,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only thing that works long term is to get the wheels clear coated after they are polished.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Same as above. Any good body shop can clearcoat them.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5104 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you both.

I've wondered about that already.

I can spray them once I get down to do it.

Local auto paint store will make up spray cans
of whatever a person wants.
I've had some paints mixed to match what's on the car. Then put into spray cans. I don't know what they use to pressurize them with. It's a quick simple operation though. They might even already have clear coat on the shelf.
I sure don't like the stuff as it doesn't last long here in the sun. Once it starts peeling, sure looks bad when the paint is still nice.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rather than a rattle can spray which may not last long, consider clear powder coat. Designed for wheels and other areas subject to road salt and/or harsh chemicals.

https://www.cherishyourcar.com...t-polished-aluminum/

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might check on pricing of that. I've been pouring the money into finishing up the few things it's needed.

Am down to needing a nice tailgate. This one towed a 5th wheel. Typical damage.

Thanks Bobster.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight