Find
Notify
Tools

Club run
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Our local classic car club went on our monthly run last week and thought some of you might enjoy where we went to:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want the red one Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any good fishing in that pond?

Good Stuff!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
There are about 6 lakes and they have some good fish in them..... but the owner is an ultra greenie and doesn't allow them to be fished.

He's also an animal collector and has quite a collection of game, including cats, big cats and exotic big cats....... well worth a look but unfortunately the guide who took us round that section didn't know squat about the animals. That didn't matter to me but I did feel sorry for the others who were there on that part of the tour.

The car museum was the best part of the tour for me though.

The whole area is well known for good trout fishing though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

that is quite a collection!

Whereabouts is it? Is it open to the public?

Cheers

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Steve!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by umshiniwam:
Hi Steve,

that is quite a collection!

Whereabouts is it? Is it open to the public?

Cheers

Mate, it's called the Cradle of Life which is near Badplaas in the Lowveld and their web address is www.cradleoflife.com.

You might like to call before you go because I did hear a rumour that they're selling or have sold some or all of the collection.

FWIW, I write the newsletter for the AHA (Automobile Heritage Assoc) and feel free to email me if you want me to put you on the e-mailing list for that. I'm not sure why because it's a pretty standard club newsletter but interestingly, it get's sent all ove the world now. bewildered

I've also been persuaded to write a regular (weekly to bi-weekly) column on classic cars and bikes for my local newspaper which is a lot of fun!

Whitworth,

You wouldn't believe the number of classic car and motorcycle collections in this area..... and some real stunners amongst 'em too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Define "Club Run?"

I left Wednesday about noon for a 500 mile run to Seattle to see a surgeon about my shoulder in the jag. Ran thru snow on Snoqualmie Pass about six PM.
Left the VAMC at four PM yesterday, and made it home by eleven PM.

Two pleasant 500 mile days with a chance to unfetter the big cat.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Rich,

sounds like you had a good time in the Jag.... tu2

Oue club runs are usually fairly small affairs. andthing from 5 -20 classic cars meet up on a Sunday morning, have breakfast and then set off for about a 2-3 run to somewhere interesting.... usually classic car or bike related.... then we spend a few hours there, maybe have a bite to eat or a braii etc and then cruise home again.

We might do an occasional weekender but not very often.