New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made my Day, heck the whole week...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Took the Jag over to the dealership this morning, turns out I had a coil pack shorted out. Two hours and a piddling $300 later I was on my way.

While waiting, the service manager says "hey come see the owner's latest toy". Screaming yellow 458 Spyder. I got to sit in it. I'm still floating...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Idaho Sharpshooter: Took the Jag over to the dealership this morning, turns out I had a coil pack shorted out.
Isn't that what they are best known for?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
STOP THAT!!!

It's a 2000 model. It still ran pretty good, top speed was just down from 160 to about 145. The mileage dropped about 5mpg.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had 4 coil packs go bad on a Ford F150 ecoboost in under 60,000 miles. I think Ford had a bad vendor issue. Covered under warranty but a neusiene none the less.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
hmmm, a British car with electrical problems, never heard of such a thing.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me neither, Mr Lucas :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you know why the british drink warm beer?

George Lucas also designed their refrigerators...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All members of the commonwealth...?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucas electrics and Smith's instruments. Can you imagine flying on the Concorde?

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Rich, just kidding, they are beautiful cars and Ford supposedly got it all fixed. My neighbor bought one but he waited until the new versions came with a mechanic. Wink

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macs B:
hmmm, a British car with electrical problems, never heard of such a thing.

Amazing James Bond could ever drive anywhere with the electrical skills of our British car maker friends.

Posts: 10148 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go ahead, beat a man when he's down...

I'll have you all know I drove the car the entire 17 miles home with zero issues.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Best looking car on the side of the road !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I don't know about that. Dick Wright said Mr. Idaho would be much happier with a Hyundai.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do Jackpine Savages know about cars...?

Tell Dick I said "hey".

Rich

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
OK, I for one won't pee on your picnic, Rich. Smiler

Spa Yellow wouldn't be my first or even fourth choice of color in a Ferrari, but I'd still love the chance to slide my butt across those seats. They're an amazing marvel of auto technology and the 458 is the best looking one, IMO, since the 355.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, regarding that 458 Italia...awfully glad that it did not spontaneously combust with you in it.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M93,

at least I'd be going in style...

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Being an old time Jaguar owner (the number series XK130 150,2.4 3.8 - quit when the 'E' came out) and having owned a heckofalot foreign sportscars - Porsche,Lotus,Triumph,Jaguar,A-C Bristol,among others I can only say the Jaguars I had NEVER had any electrical problems now if you want electrical problems try an Alfa with Marelli. I just drove cross country from Arizona to Nashville and the prettiest car I saw was a brand spanking new Jaguar coupe that just would not let me get close enough for a perfect look.Now they have once again 'got it right' and to say it's desirable is a gross understatement.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jackpine Savage response...

See here Kayser... This JPS has owned a 30 year old Porsche for over ten years. The only big bill I have ever had was for a new timing belt, something that needs doing every 45,000 miles. Aside from that it gets an oil change once a year (Hagerty's don't want me to drive it more than 3,000 miles per annum.) and whatever preventative maintenance I think it might need.

I've had it to Kelbley's a couple of times and to the Upper Pennisula many times. So far it's never missed a beat.

I've done a lot of work on it and it looks a lot better than it did when I bought it. If I ever get smart enough to post pics, I will do so.

I owned a Berkeley when I was in college (Honest!) and a Jag XK 140 FHC when I got out. I couldn't handle the maintenance bills and bought a Morris Minor convertible.

I really like looking at British and Italian cars. However, if I want to get someplace... gimme Kraut.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote