THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Ferrari Enzo and 1929 Lincoln Mod L by Dave Wesbrook
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ferrari Enzo and 1929 Lincoln Mod L by Dave Wesbrook
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
I am posting these pics for Dave Wesbrook who photgraphed these fine cars in a "state of the art" studio he designed for a client. Enjoy!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not much interest at this topic,9 days, 73 views and no comments. I think that I will save my other car pics for "Custom rifles and classic cars" posts numbers 2 and 3...Dave Wesbrook

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
photograph some nice double rifles. Maybe that will get you the attention you wish...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, I've photographed numerous doubles but sold full copyrights to the client and therefore wouldn't post them on AR. What I said is that this topic doesn't get many views, nothing else. ...Perhaps many AR members have already seen these car photos as they were also posted under the Custom Built Rifles topic in the Custom Rifles and Classic Cars post. Over 1500 views and many nice comments from my peers. ...Dave Wesbrook

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

understood. The latest issue of DuPont Registry has a black Enzo listed for $2,599,000. It could have used your photography skills, as it looks like a black blob.

Are you a Hasselblad man?

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the compliment Rich. Hasselblads are wonderfull cameras but beyond my budget. I used a Canon eos 1Ds mk3 and Canon lenses for these pics. Next week I'll post a 1935 Walker Le-Grande Duesenberg and a 1931 Rollston V16 Cadillac. Hope you enjoy. ...Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got any Delahayes (sp?) in the file cabinet?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, No pictures of a Delahaye. Would a 1939 Bugatti or a 1937 540K be OK with you? ...Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
540K.

As long as I'm dreaming on your dime, I want the best.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice to see some car photos where the lighting and exposure is right. Some people just "point and shoot". Some (yourself) take the time to build a studio and get the lighting done right and the color temp proper.

No H'bad? Just a normal Canon? Must be the person pushing the button that matters - not the number of pixels.

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
poprivit, Thank you for the comments and nice compliment. ...About the studio, I was fortunate enough to work with a number of good people. A construction company that was inovative enough to build to my design,an architect that did the math to give me the exact curves of the interior walls that I specified,a British Phd paint chemist and car buff who formulated the paint that gave me the proper reflective and color values,and a client who footed the $200,000+ bill for his state-of- the-art studio. Nothing like this had ever been tried before. But isn't that the definition of "state-of-the-art"?...I used the Canon because the rectangular format fit the subject matter better than a square format.If you do the math you actually get more pixels on the subject matter with the Canon. ...Dave Wesbrook