New
Find
Notify
Tools

C-10 Chevies.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son is at the end of an LS swap into his 76 4x4 C-10. New trans &transfer case, engine upgraded to around 400 HP. Zero rust. I'm more the old timer, mine is an 81 4x4 with the 6, and the old granny low 4 speed. I wanted about 30 more HP, so we put on long tube headers, a homemade intake with a 2150 Ford carb, a lump port kit in the head. I don't like anything but smooth, so stock cam, which limits the power output, but It runs like an old 283 Chevy or 289 Ford, so I think we got enough. It is so smooth you can lay your hand on the valve cover and not tell it's running. Zero rust on it as well. The way prices are going with these things they might make a good retirement nest egg, Big Grin

Posts: 15866 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
My son is at the end of an LS swap into his 76 4x4 C-10. New trans &transfer case, engine upgraded to around 400 HP. Zero rust. I'm more the old timer, mine is an 81 4x4 with the 6, and the old granny low 4 speed. I wanted about 30 more HP, so we put on long tube headers, a homemade intake with a 2150 Ford carb, a lump port kit in the head. I don't like anything but smooth, so stock cam, which limits the power output, but It runs like an old 283 Chevy or 289 Ford, so I think we got enough. It is so smooth you can lay your hand on the valve cover and not tell it's running. Zero rust on it as well. The way prices are going with these things they might make a good retirement nest egg, Big Grin

Is Clifford Research still in business with performance parts for six-cylinder engines?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Clifford and Offenhauser still make intakes for them. I am upgrading the cam, installing a 4V Offy C, and Hooker long tube headers on my 68 F100 with the 240 staight six.

The prices of all classic trucks have gone through the roof, especially 4x4s. Bought a pretty dang clean, all original 77 F150 4x4 SWB, 351M, NP435, for $5k about 4 years ago. Got offered 10K for it but no way I'd sell, won't find another this original. The originality though has been a blessing and a curse.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
A better truck than the battery powered abominations being introduced!

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Is Clifford Research still in business with performance parts for six-cylinder engines?"

We were looking around for an aftermarket intake, and they were hard to find, expensive, back ordered, etc. On a stovebolt forum I was told just make one because ANYTHING was better than the factory piece. So we did and it works really well. I'd post a photo but my flip phone (I know) will not let me put pics on the computer.

Posts: 15866 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote