Find
Notify
Tools

What sucks...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
ford.

I talked to a friend at Shelby American, he tells me, to date, nobody at fomoco has said diddly to SA about getting them a couple cars so they can start work on the 2015 Shelbys.

chevy: 580 horse SS and the crazy new Z-28

Dodge: 707 horsepower Hellcat Challenger

ford: the new turbo 4-cylinder mustang

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe they're scared of all the other big dogs...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ford has a history of performance inconsistency.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just wish they still had the panther platform. Heck they could share it with a small turbodiesel pickup.

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meet the meanest new mustangs:

Tuned Stangs

The Hennessey HPE700 looks sorta interesting and might be fun in a straight line, then again, I'm not too much of a stang fan.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The three above mentioned tuners all show a dismal resale value.

Shelbys, on the other hand, are almost investment grade automobiles over the last 50+ years.
As well, my local ford dealership handles the Shelbys and will provide warranty service.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I imagine the upkeep reduces anything of that caliber substantially as well. I'm talking the hidden costs; storage, insurance, floor space opportunity lost, whatever.

Whereas a puke green twin turbo fearmont wouldn't mind too much if it didn't get washed and sat outside. But those toys have their own operational costs Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
ford.

I talked to a friend at Shelby American, he tells me, to date, nobody at fomoco has said diddly to SA about getting them a couple cars so they can start work on the 2015 Shelbys.

chevy: 580 horse SS and the crazy new Z-28

Dodge: 707 horsepower Hellcat Challenger

ford: the new turbo 4-cylinder mustang

Jaguars?

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like the lincoln LS?

I love that platform. I gave one to my son, at first he didn't quite appreciate it for what I saw in it, now he has figured out what I had in mind.

I just wish more people would go play at speed zone or some other carting place with a slick track and absorb the nuances of what a nice RWD with a good suspension will do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new model R and RS are saddled with a mundane 552 BHP. Mine is down in the 430 +/- neighborhood.