THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Maybe I ought to get rid of my 66 mustang...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe I ought to get rid of my 66 mustang...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted
So last night I was goofing off in my garage and I looked over at this all original 289 1966 Mustang that I completely restored 10 years ago - It occurred to me that I haven't driven the car more than 200 miles in those ten years - Then it occurred to me: I ought to trade that thing to someone for a nice double rifle... I'd get a helluva lot more use out of the gun...

Hmmm...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fastback, Coupe, or Convertible?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
'Sold a '68 289 shortly after I got married 19 years ago for very similar reasons.

Don't do it.

That being said, if a fastback, you just let me handle the whole thing.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caz,

but I might have a DR for a possible trade...

This car deserves to go to a state where they do not salt the roads, and has low humidity.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Sharpshooter - It's a coupe - Give me your email and I'll send you some pics.

Caz - I love the car, but after I finished it, I was afraid to drive it - The car needs to be driven, and should not spend the rest of it's life under a cover in the garage.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold my 68 SS camaro 18 years ago and I regret it. Just drive the sucker.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't miss any of my old ones. They were nice and fun, but not anything I would stew over.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
I don't miss any of my old ones. They were nice and fun, but not anything I would stew over.
Butch

Im the same way. Im not married to anything, times change, and so does my taste. I like to experience different things. I enjoy it and then move on...now if I could just find a buyer for my 66 Chevelle...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
doubledown,
I had a 66 El Camino with a 396 and 4 spd. It was fun, but had a second son on the way and I bought my first 4 door.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
It's been one month since I sold my '68 Barracuda convertible and so far I am okay, but we'll see...... That said, if you don't use it, you might as well get rid of it. Get yourself something that you will get more use out of. JMHO.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
doubledown,
I had a 66 El Camino with a 396 and 4 spd. It was fun, but had a second son on the way and I bought my first 4 door.
Butch

Wow, a Big block El Camino with a stick! That had to be a blast to drive. I love anything with a Big Block on the street, the fact that you had a 4 speed and zero weight over the rear wheels is making me smile just thinking about it! That was a great year for the El Camino IMO.

Whitworth, me and you are on the same page. If your not using it sell it and move on, others will keep stuff for ever. I on the other hand would be building a new rifle if I sold my ride, the rest I would just waste Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I plan on selling my newer sports car for a classic come february or march. I'll post up photos when I do!

These new cars do nothing for me. The classics make me green with envy.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Still have the itch to get rid of the thing...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Selling your car?

Posts: 36 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Yeah - But would prefer to trade it for a double - I PM'd you my email address.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Pics sent...