Tools

Motorcycles - do you ride?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage_99:
I don't ride on motorcycles.

My late dad told me not to get one. That when he was young he had one and the chain came off and almost ripped into his leg.

My son had one but it's gone now. Hope he never gets on one again.

Not that I have not fallen for some vehicle or other. At one time it had to be a red Porsche.

Here is my choice as my greatest car. My new 1969 Ford XL convertible that I ordered loaded incl. the fabulous 429 V8.

If I stopped doing something because something almost happened to someone, I'd be sitting on the floor contemplating my navel, wrapped in bubble wrap.

My dad was almost shot one time in a hunting accident, and that didn't stop me from hunting. I WAS hit by shot in the back by a duck hunter who evidently thought my calling from behind a small brush pile on the riverbank was a duck and blasted into the brush. But that didn't stop me from hunting either. I did get hit in the back when the chain snapped on my dirt bike, it left some interesting cuts and bruises, but that hasn't stopped me from riding.

Riding isn't for everyone, but I love the hell out of it and I'm suffering right now from PMS, Parked Motorcycle Syndrome!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with SHOF 100%. I have a jaguar XK-8 convertible sitting next to the HD in the garage.

Given the choice, for just a fun afternoon ride, especially with my lovely wife, it's the "Rolling Thunder" option.

It's all good, though...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that why dogs ride with their heads sticking out of the window?

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you ride, a dog with his head out the window is probably the only one who'd understand the feeling! dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lol

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 94 Honda Goldwing Aspencade that only has 56,000 miles on it but has been left outside a lot and shows it. I have been kind of pining after a new ride cause I thought the alternator wasn't working in the Wing but hated to spend the money for a newer one. I checked the alternator and it is fine but the stupid volt meter I installed several years ago is not working right. I have decided to resurrect that ole gal and have ordered a completely new seat ( be here next Thursday) and my son, the autobody repairman, will repaint it next winter. He would have painted it sooner but it will be busy this summer. Oh, and will get new tires very soon. It will look sharp!

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm "old school" These are my rides:

1997 H-D FLSTS

1934 Ford 5-window Coupe. All steel, LT-1 Corvette powered.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day!

Posts: 3 | Location: Sudbury, ON CANADA | Registered: 14 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the solo seat on your Softail. Do you know where you got it?

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Love the coupe, my father had a 3 window when he was a kid, in the 30s. The duece and the 33-34s are my all-time favorites.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It hit 70 about 4pm today.

Mamma said to get the Fat Boy and take her for a good ride. We ran the back roads for about two hours. Seventy miles is about all the fun she wants to have in an afternoon.

Man, I am glad spring is rolling in.

Next thing you all know, we'll be in to Rockchuck country.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Shof,
It's the stock H-D seat with the tall backrest
They show up regularly on e-Bay.
Mike

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day!

Posts: 3 | Location: Sudbury, ON CANADA | Registered: 14 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Heritage Springer...my favorite bike! :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote