THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    Major League Cricket Came To Dallas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major League Cricket Came To Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/13...-texas-history-sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMc-gXKfLp8

Cricket is going to have an uphill battle to become anything more than a niche sport in Texas, or in the U. S. in general.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I dunno, Ken. That's what I told myself about soccer for the first 40 years of my life.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone want to watch a game that takes all day to finish, and in some forms, several days?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to an English - India game in Mumbai when I was living there in 1995. I was given tickets to a Luxury Suite at Wankhede Stadium. My enduring memory is that the carpet had been just thrown in the door apparently. The chairs were folding Samsonite specials, and the food came in a paper bag. The smell of the venue was insufferable.

The game itself was boring as hell. It stopped in the middle so the players could have tea, and the Indian patrons would occasionally go crazy for no apparent reason when absolutely nothing was happening on the pitch.

Once was enough.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote