ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    antike handpistol caliber .615 loading dates?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

antike handpistol caliber .615 loading dates?
 Login/Join

posted
I have an original antike damastus handpistol. The caliber is .615 It's a smooth bore (Not rifled!)
Can someone tell me what the starting loads are and what the maximum load is with blackpowder. Because it's very old I am afraid to blow it up.
Greetings Hendrik

Posts: 12 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd think like that myself if I was in your shoes. Before I'd suggest an answer to your question, I have a few for you. Has the gun been thoroughly examined by a competent gunsmith? You say "antike", and I assume you mean antique, as in old relic. It may have value well beyond its old appearance, has it been appraised? Wouldn't you hate to destroy an old pistol worth $5,000 or more dollars just to shoot it once?

Please do not misunderstand my questions, as I shoot old damascus guns myself, even with (GASP!) smokeless powder. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about this, and I have had more than a few I don't or didn't shoot for various reasons. They are a joy to use, and I often think I'm an Army of one in this regard. Tell us a little about the gun. Maker, place of origin, markings, and CONDITION etc. If you can download a photo it might help.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote