ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Re: New Hornady bullets...200 yarders???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Hornady bullets...200 yarders???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks for the address I ordered 500 but haven't received them yet.Did yours have the yellow tip or the red tip,The fellow I talked to said they would have the yellow tip which makes no difference they are the same bullet.I use the mmp sabots because I shoot them in a Savage also and need a tougher sabot for it.

Speaking of 200 yds I shot a 1 inch, 3-shot group @200 with these bullets out of my savage.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Underclocked they are the shockwave bullets,same just have a yellow tip instead of red tip,Just got 500 yesterday,went through them sampling some and cannot tell anything wrong with them.
Have the encore shooting the 200 gr with tiny little groups.Took a big 8 pointer running across a power line and a doe with it this year. So now I have plenty of the 250 gr bullets to use in the savage this year at the range.Allready have one load that gave me an in at 200 but want to try more loads.
How was your season?

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's one heck of a buy even without the sabots (not included, right?).

Season has been a lot of hunting! and hunting.

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes thats without the sabots,if they came with the sabots it would be a really big savings.Seems like the sabots get higher everytime I buy some.
I saw where mmp is making a new tougher one ,I bet they will be higher yet.At least I saved a bunch on the bullets.
Just figured up what it would cost me for 500 where I have been buying them,Of course the sabots come with them but for 500 it would cost me $339.66 + tax.
500 for $40.00 + sabots= what a deal