ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Interchangable tipped Ball starters/bench busy

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interchangable tipped Ball starters/bench busy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like most folks, I start a ball by hitting the end of the short starter with the palm of my hand. Not sure how you are going to do that. I also prefer aluminum or brass for that purpose to avoid any accidental damage and wear to the ends of the rifling lands.

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real easy,just invert starter on ball in a verticle postion and with the palm of your hand hit the webbed portion of the horn,and it starts the ball real easy.Use these types all the time

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
That's the most impracticable ball starter I've ever seen. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by van:

Ouch !!

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
That's the most impracticable ball starter I've ever seen. N.S.
Your comment is greatly appericated,as i still know there are some rocket scientists still in the field. God forbid!