ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Rossi and NEF BPs sure look alike!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi and NEF BPs sure look alike!
 Login/Join

<thomas purdom>
posted
The question is, are they alike! I was considering buying a NEF rifle cause of all the chatter on the thing in another forum. I was concerned about whether or not the NEF, with its 100 grain by volumn powder maximum would be enough to handle an elk with a .50 caliber Powerbelt in 295 or 348 grain configuration. Comments please! I posed the question about the NEF and got just two replies on another forum. Then I saw the Rossi, which looks quite a bit like NEF and is based on the Rossi line of rifles. Can it be loaded up to 150 grains of Pyrodex or does it too, have the 100 grain maximum? Has anyone had any experience with the Rossi, or have any comments on it? Thanks folks ... Tom Purdom