ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Re: Starter Load for a .58 Zoli made Lyman Zouave

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Starter Load for a .58 Zoli made Lyman Zouave
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Zoli Zouave .58. I'm getting accurate 3" at 75 yds. groups with a patched .575 ball @ 90 grains Pyrodex RS but the group opens up to 12" @ same distance with the .575 greased minne & 90 grains Pyro RS. Based on ease of loading the Minne some friends are suggesting the bullet is too small & I'm getting blowby. Other suggest I need add 10 - 15 grains to ensure the minne expands as it's supposted to. Loading the round patched ball requires some force and use of other than the standard metal rod; the greased minne slides down easly with the standard metal rod & with a release of air pressure sound. Any suggestions? Just trying to get the minneball to shoot accurately and retain ease of loading- and put some Oswego County NY venison in the freezer.