New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger group applause
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have let over a dozen people fire my Encore 209x50 and they all are saying something about the trigger! I have recieved so many compliments about the "feel" of the trigger that I was overwhelmed.

My trigger was tuned by Fred Smith at Bullberry and I believe it to be the best $25 I've ever spent. [Razz]

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by small fish:
I have recieved so many compliments about the "feel" of the trigger that I was overwhelmed.

Congratulations. Thankfully, they didn't compliment you on the feel of your stock-- which would have caused light-headedness, shallow-breathing, profuse sweating, and trouser tremulations.

Anytime somebody likes one of my gun parts, I quickly ask them to dial 911 . . . as I weep openly, and soon passout from the immense joy that only the commentary on a piece of pipe in a block of wood can truly bring. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope that none of the posters on this forum are as ignorant and downright common as you are.You're a real POS. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Fisher>
posted
It seems Small Fish that everyone on this board has the intelligence and integrity to carry on a conversation without degrading, attacking or otherwise maligning other members except you. Even the most heated posts are directed at the subject of the post and not the person that posted it. However you make personal attacks the norm in your posts. When your views are not agreed upon by others, you attack. When you don�t get your way in one post, you make personal attacks in unrelated posts. These are actions of a child Small Fish. Adults can agree to disagree and move on. Everyone has an opinion on something, and one is no more important than someone else�s. However, when you fill your posts with personal attacks and unnecessary comments you are showing your ignorance, not your intelligence.

You seem to be a legend in your own mind Small Fish. It must be so troublesome to be the only perfect person in a world full of so many imperfect people. [Roll Eyes]

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fisher:

You seem to be a legend in your own mind Small Fish. It must be so troublesome to be the only perfect person in a world full of so many imperfect people. [Roll Eyes]

Never mind him, Fish, he just suffers from the "Tom
Daschle" disease. [Wink]

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry. Fisher and Randy-whatever are the most callous hypocrites on the forum..I know who to take seriously,and it surely makes me chuckle when I read the "posts" they claim to be "on top" of.

I am an honest poster here.I want to learn and share experiences with other (intelligent) posters. I say it the way I see it and don't "attack" anyone unless they strike the first blow. The childish observations concerning those posts have been,and will be,ignored.There is no room for them on any forum. [Wink]

<Fisher>
posted
I just finished Reading back through your post. Actually I read it twice and I still could not find one statement that was true. So much for �honesty� that you mentioned in your post. Do you ever read the garbage that you type. Small Fish, the only point you have made so far with your posts is that you can't even make up your own mind. Let alone convince anyone else that you know what you are talking about.

You flounder back and forth with your rantings about the extractors in the Encores. First you claim that "No one in the know" leaves them in there guns. Giving the impression that you are the "all knowing" when it comes to firearms or at least the Encore. Then in your next post you claim that you have had this revelation and now the extractors are the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is hard to take someone serious when they can�t even make up there own mind.

Then there is your final statement. "There is no room for them on any forum". I'm sorry, did I miss the memo that made you the moderator of this site.

<Fisher>
posted
DannoBoone, now that is a true statement if every I heard one. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The childish observations concerning those posts have been,and will be,ignored.

As you keep responding again and again - - - perhaps you have no "ignore" training.

If your posting was intended to be anyway helpful, you would have posted what any normal person would have.

EXAMPLE:

I have an Encore, configured as XXXXX. I have put XXXX rounds through this gun.

I didn't like the trigger because XXXXX. It originally broke at X pounds, and also XXXX. I wanted it improved by XXXXX.

After a trigger job by XXXX, now the trigger has XXXX, and breaks at XXXXX. It is better than factory because XXXXXX.

The gunsmith who did the work is XXXXX, and can be reached a XXXXXX for those who are interested.

I'll help you with that: Bullberry Barrel Works
2430 W. Bullberry Lane
Hurricane, Utah 84737
(435) 635-9866
fax: (435) 635-0348

Instead, you provided no information at all, except to say that nameless people now like your trigger's "feel." Did they not like it before? In what way?

Nothing can be learned from your posting; you share no information.

[ 03-20-2003, 12:54: Message edited by: RandyWakeman ]

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never plugged Fred in. You did,young one. I merely stated(in passing)that he was the one who did my trigger. Your last post was completely meaningless and a waste of your time. You are a POS,as I've said before.

As for Fisher(the supremely arrogant and ignorant),I told the forum I had a primer stick in the Encore with the extractor removed(while hunting).It suprized me that it was so hard to remove. With the EZ-tip it could have been removed AUTOMATICALLY. I never said anything about the extractor before then except that it was removed in the Encore to ease the cleaning task ONLY. I never said it was a BAD thing. Read the posts ignorant and abusive one. You need to start posting some intelligent posts here. You spew out insult after insult to defent your arrogant position and won't MOVE ON. Having Tom Daschle disease (and admitting it)is NOT a good thing pal. I've seen you found a friend with the young one. As I've said before,misery loves company,and you've got a winning miserable combination with the likes of you two clowns. [Roll Eyes]

This is my final post on this "dead horse".You two can rave and rant and post your analysis's and "proof of lack of knowledge" and "no tact",sarcastic smear posts but I have better things to do. You do make me chuckle though. For supposedly adult men(oops,sorry young one),you two are the pot calling the kettle black. The posts you are submitting to this forum are a joke. The epitome of childlike behavior. Let's just leave it at that,shall WE? [Wink]

[ 03-20-2003, 16:43: Message edited by: small fish ]

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
Small Fish with Smaller brain:

Still have not mastered the craft of "Ignoring," have you?

Rather than comment on an EZ-tip- yet another item you have never, ever used, O Vacancy of the Cranium, - - - while you are so busy "ignoring" responses to your ape-brained, meaningless threads:

Please go find a volcano, and jump into it. No one will ever notice.

Your pitiful pleas for attention will get equal attention there. How many times do I have to say "idiot"?
It is rare to find someone repeatedly parroting advice on things they have never tried- but, here you are.

Now be a good little fish, and go hunt for your remaining brain cell. Bring a range-finder.

[ 03-20-2003, 17:53: Message edited by: RandyWakeman ]

<Fisher>
posted
"Having Tom Daschle disease (and admitting it)is NOT a good thing pal."

I may be wrong here but I believe DB was talking about you. Here again, you have not a clue. Just for future reference small fish. If you target me with your child like posts, You will hear my point of view whether you like it or not.

On another note, after reading through your comments on the political board. There is no doubt in my mind that you are the most illiterate and uneducated person I have run across. Your comments there only prove to me that you are just as much an idiot there as you are here.

[ 03-21-2003, 02:10: Message edited by: Fisher ]

<bigbelly>
posted
When I first joined this site it was pretty informative,now less than a year into it all it seems to be is a whining contest,why don`t we all (yes,including me) get back to what we are really here for,sharing good (and bad) information on the one thing we all seem to share,our love for all things shooting related.we all make the occaisional mistake here,but why beat it to death.just because someone screws up a time (or ten) doesn`t mean that their next post can`t be something useful.our country is at war now,do we need to be also?jmho&I could be wrong.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
They say "never feed a troll."

Guilty.

<bigbelly>
posted
Okay,R.W. what are you talking about?

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
I am agreeing with you, BB. No point in pointless discussions with people who need to comment on products they have never owned.

<bigbelly>
posted
That says it all.

<Fisher>
posted
BB, you are right of course. It is time to put this topic and all its follow-up post to rest. However if small fish continues to post in the manner in which he has in the past. He will most certainly receive responses. IF he chooses to back away, and discontinue the manner in which he has been posting. I will of course quit posting on this subject.

I'm out of here for the weekend. I hope everyone has a good weekend. That means you too small fish.

<bigbelly>
posted
you can always send private e-mails.that way we get info,the in-fighting we miss.

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
BACK ON TOPIC!!!

A good trigger job on the Encore is a pleasure
indeed! Using the Bellm CD, I was able to do my
own. Pretty nervous about it, but with the Bellm
spring and VERY careful honing on just the surface
areas, my Encore went from "pretty creapy" 3 1/2
pounds to absolutely no creep, very crispy 1 1/2
pound trigger pull. This is pretty light for some,
but I really like it.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Danno.

Yes, 1-1/2 lbs is too light for a hunting gun (for me), but 1-1/2 to two is great for the range.

FYI- the factory triggers vary. Ours was a 4-1/2 lb break, which quickly lightened to a 3-1/2 pound repeatable break.

No creep / take-up, no grit, just a clean break. It feels much lighter than the gauge indicates.

[ 03-23-2003, 03:10: Message edited by: RandyWakeman ]

<bigbelly>
posted
Mine breaks right at 4 lbs,seems lighter though,I can`t wait to get a few more barrels,just can`t decide on the maker yet,heard too many bad reports on T.C. to spend $250 + and take a chance of getting a bad one.any reccommendations?I`ll be looking at a heavy .308 just for target work,and a nice 45-70 (I`ve got an NEF 45-70 that thinks it`s a bench rest rifle but it`s starting to loosen up a bit)would also like one in either 9.3x62 or 35 whelan improved to play with.I love my 9.3 on a 98 mauser switch barrel rifle I built for last years elk season,never made it into the woods,screwed up my foot at a GRATEFUL DEAD show,before I hear it,I love the music,not the politics,I`ve even got a few of them shooting a time or two,best way to change the way the anti`s feel is to let them send a few rounds down range.still can`t convince them to hunt though.the barrel`s I`ve been looking into are from E.A.Brown,so far I like the choices they offer,was thinking a .458 would be nice,but too old to learn how to shoot it well,except with reduced loads,has anyone tried the 458 American?is it just a wildcat 450 marlin?thanks in advance.

<bigbelly>
posted
Mine breaks at 4 lbs.seems lighter,I am very happy with it now.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigbelly:
just can`t decide on the maker yet,heard too many bad reports on T.C. to spend $250 + and take a chance of getting a bad one.

Yes, I'd say go T/C. Surprised? Most Encores shoot well out-of-the-box, and they all come with T/C barrels. Additionally, T/C gas always been generous in the customer service dept.

If you have deep pockets, the Bullberry barrels are supposedly as good as any . . . but my pockets aren't that deep.

<bigbelly>
posted
I never thought about it before,maybe the guys complaining about the 2-4" groups don`t have crappy barrels,maybe they are just 2-4" shooters,always easier to blame the equipment than the one using it.I want a 308 that CAN shoot in the .3`s or .4`s,so it may take some work,I had a mauser 30-06 everyone told me could NEVER do better than 2" for 5 rds,after shortening the barrel 4 times (from 26"-18.5")and as many re-crowns that I did myself (tubing cutter & semi round very fine grit grinding stone in 1\4" drill)it was shooting well under 3\4" 5 shot groups,too bad,I had to pull it to build my 9.3x62 which shoots almost as well with a lot less work.maybe I will try one before condemning them just from what I`ve heard.I just hate spending so much on just a barrel.My NEF`s cost less and one is more accurate than ANY rifle I`ve ever owned (my 45-70,after many cast bullets coated with J-B bore paste)everyone said JB would not work to fire-lap that barrel,it sure proved them wrong.that gun has produced many groups in the 0.1"`s since that time,none with me behind it,but plenty with my brother pulling the trigger.at least I was the one that did all the work on it and the load developement.thanks for the input I think I`ll give T.C. a fair try first.then I can speak from my own experiences.

posted Hide Post
Ive noticed that this forum usualy only has the same dozen guys writing in, while others have a huge amount. Reason for it. It is the preserve of too many flaming, whinging rednecks who attack any new idea or something they havent thought of. Some are like a bunch of vindictive old women. Other forums seem to have a much more inteligent, informed and helpfull membership. I skip through this board with the same frame of mind as when I laugh at the people in Jerry Springer. Randy Wakeman and your type. Stop moving people off to other forums.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxpower:
It is the preserve of too many flaming, whinging rednecks who attack any new idea or something they havent thought of. <snip>I skip through this board with the same frame of mind as when I laugh at the people in Jerry Springer. Randy Wakeman and your type. Stop moving people off to other forums.

Nice flame.

And that is your very first post; how can you possibly think it contributory? It is sad that some who decry flames choose to exhibit the identical behavior they claim to dislike so much.

Good thinking.

[ 03-25-2003, 04:06: Message edited by: RandyWakeman ]

posted Hide Post
Yes Randy Wankman. Its my first post. I didnt want to send a post asking a question or telling a story that you might not like, but as I have seen from some other posts, other people are getting pissed off with your hogging the forum as if you own it. Just letting you know that your sort of carry one is getting on peoples nerves. Now dont worry I wont be coming back to this forum until you have crawled back under your rock. Sad to see such things happen on such a great site.

<BigBob>
posted
maxpower,
Please don't let a few run you off. There are many fine people on this site. Let me speak for those people and welcome you to the site. [Smile]

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxpower:
[QB]Just letting you know that your sort of carry one is getting on peoples nerves. Now dont worry I wont be coming back to this forum until you have crawled back under your rock.]

This is a first-- as the only debate of any heat on this forum has been with YOU, Small Fish.

Now, to re-register under a new fake name; "maxpower" - - - for the sole purpose of trying to continue your bickering is just plain nutty. See you in your next "incarnation."

My name remains the same name I was born with.

<Fisher>
posted
Well BB it doesn�t look like you are going to get your wish after all, sorry.

Well maxpower, so far in your first post you implied that someone has lesser intelligence by calling them rednecks. You degraded women, and you�re blaming Randy for all the problems in this forum as well as your very small attempt at name calling. You did not have one positive comment or bit of information for anyone reading your post. I for one see no real reason for you to even be here. Unless it is to be argumentative and rude like your other personality, small fish. So at least from my point of view, you won�t be missed.

BigBob Please don�t take this in the wrong way. However I happen to disagree with you. Everyone has there moments when they get caught up in a heated argument. For the most part these are very few and far between. However, if a person start there first post as maxpower has. I see no reason for someone like that to be on any forum. No positive comments, no useful information and certainly no respect for other people. I could some what understand if the post had been directed towards him, but it wasn�t. So I respectfully disagree with welcoming someone who makes a post like this on there supposedly first time here.

posted Hide Post
Fair enough BigBob ,I appologise for inferring that all or many members on this site are rednecks or aggressive in their responses to others. You are right ,it is not the majority, only a very, very small minority. Problem is that these are the same people who always seem to be putting others down or attacking their ideas or style. It seems you are very reasonable and level headed, like many others on this site. As for me being Small fish or whoever some are saying I am , no,try again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just have to do it. Who wants to take bets on how long the "young one" (AKA RandyWakeman)lasts on ANY FORUM on the NET? I was at some other forums reading his callous bull$hit and he got HAMMERED!!! Man you are a piece of work!!!

I can't believe he registered on The Pond!!! He won't last two weeks!!! [Big Grin]

Do yourself a favor young one,magically DISAPPEAR from the NET and everyone will be ALOT happier. You ARE a POS!!! [Big Grin]

BTW,I never post as anyone but smallfish. You are an ignorant SOB for sure!!! [Wink]

<bigbelly>
posted
I`s don gwine be no redneck,I`s a Deadhead,and proud of it,although I am a shooter and handloader first and don`t agree with most of my fellow Deadheads politics or some parts of their lifestyle,funny how we all can jump at little things we dislike.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just have to do it. [Big Grin]

It is a coincidence that you choose to continue your belching on a date that is apparently your own personal National Holiday?

As the saying goes,

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your smallfish-lips and remove the doubt."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya know, I think this topic has really wandered off of muzzleloading! [Frown]

Posts: 45 | Location: Perry, IL | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Fisher>
posted
BigBob, you have a PM.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fisher,
When I first joined this forum,you sent me a PM explaining how Mike Bellm was wrong and I was right on an Encore issue. I found it to be quite strange,backstabbing Mike as it were. I know what kind of PM's you send and my philosophy is if you have something to say,then say it on the forum. Backstabbing will get you nowhere in this world. Send all the PM's you want. I am going to dig it up and post it on the forum soon. The PM reeks cowardice. Kind of like you when you are wrong on an issue. I will also post links to the young one's callous posts on other forums. He needs to realize that 12 year old mentality and off the wall insults are a sign of a weak minded individual. POS "individual" ("we tested this",and"we went through dozens of these") at best. [Roll Eyes]

I just might go and mail your insensitive PM to Mike.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
He needs to realize that 12 year old mentality and off the wall insults are a sign of a weak minded individual.

Small fish, just knock it off. This isn't heart surgery. YOU, of all people, COMPLAINING about insults? Gimmee a break . . . how many times must your shrill cry of "POS,POS,POS, POS" echo before that is looked upon as rude? Is your "IGNORANT SOB" name-calling somehow the milk of human kindness?

And now, you complain of "insensitive" PM's?
More "insensitive" THAN your own "POS, POS" petulant cries?

Could you please somehow at least try to get back to muzzleloading a tiny bit?

[ 04-02-2003, 03:56: Message edited by: RandyWakeman ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry young one,you have nothing to add to the forums but foolish nonsense. You need to regroup and punt. Others on the forums won't waste time on you. That goes for me too. You can rave and rant about this and that to your hearts content.

To assume that I post different identities is kindergarten stuff. Keep up the consistent "rave and rant" posting. It adds nothing useful here or anywhere else on the NET. I never posted anything to deserve callous attacking such as you did here. I was stating a FACT. You went on an irrate attack against an innocent post and had no calling for it. I have read your posts on here and on other forums and laugh at you and your pretentious ignorance. Have a lonely life. You'll be history soon,and by that I don't mean a legend in your own mind like you would like to think. Did someone mention POS??? [Big Grin]

BTW, I have never seen so many "message deleted" posts from anyone on ANY forum that you have in your short stay on the NET as a poster.I wonder why??? [Big Grin]

[ 04-02-2003, 05:49: Message edited by: small fish ]