ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Re: T/C Omega trigger Adjustable?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: T/C Omega trigger Adjustable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I did a trigger job on ONE of the Omega rifles that I owned. There is NO adjustment, your only recourse is honing the contact areas and that must be done with extreme caution as the whole assembly is at risk (I doubt T/C would warranty a botched trigger job so replacement could be expensive).

Mine finally turned out well but I was sweating at one point thinking I had gone too far. Were I to attempt another, the only honing I would do is to eliminate the center ridge on both the hammer and trigger pieces at their contact areas. You will see that "ridge" easily once you disassemble the trigger. Be VERY careful to note the position and orientation of all pieces if you do break it down.

In general, it is NOT a job I would advise any amateur to take on. The timing and contact surfaces involved in that design are delicate and one could easily create a dangerous or non-functioning rifle.

If someone knows of a skilled and practiced gunsmith willing to do Omega trigger jobs - they would be doing a service to post that information.

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"I have noticed several T/C dealers specifying that the T/C Omega has an adjustable trigger."

===========================================================

Will you please list those dealers here in a reply post? They need to be reported to T/C for their stupidity on items they sell. The only exception would be new, improved Omega models that are about to be introduced for the very first time this summer.

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe,
What's the scoop on the "new" Omega models?

Posts: 169 | Location: Athens, AL | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, whatcha ya know there T7? And how'd you find out? Spies?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote