New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accra Shot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a source for Accra Shot conversion for side hammer ML rifle. Enables early cap rifle of Italian origin to be fired with primers. Can't locate under IN search. Any assistance appreciated.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have one of these, and a similar device called a Fusil V, both of which allow the use of cenerfire ammunition primers on a sidelocjk caplock ML. i have been looking for new ones now for several years, and have reluctantly concluded that such devices are no longer made. Too bad, because I need a couple for a Kodiak. I like the fact that they keep fouling inside tha barrel, and off of stocks and external barrel breech sections.

There is a similar gadget now on the market, called the Mag-Spark, which permits the use of No. 209 shotgun primers on a drum & nipple sidelock. I have two with 1/4X28 threads for a U.S. drim, and one with the U.S. musket thread. I believe they do, or did, make them with Italian Metric threads also. Check with October Country, where I bought mine, or contact the maker directly. Unfortunatyely, they are too big around to fit into the nipple seats on the Kodiak!

Mag. Spark.

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
You're right, the CF primer devices are no longer made. Years
ago, I got one with a primer seater from Dixie Gun Works.
Later, I lost the seater and called DGW for a replacement.
They told me the company making them went out of business.
Crying shame, the small rifle primers work sooooo good.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Check out eBay. I have seen some of these Accra-Shot nipples listed. One is listed now, Item number: 3654328609. The same seller has 2 or 3 more listed also. I know I have seen them on and off for a quite a while. He must have bought up a bunch of them.

Posts: 5 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Hey Ding! Thanks for the tip!!