Find
Notify
Tools

Austin & Halleck In-line
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
Has anyone shot one of these. I would be interested in function & accuracy reports.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976398126.htm

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have an austin &halleck inline. i converted it to 209 primers and have never had a problem with it. mine had an easily adjustable timney trigger on it from the factory. several friends have remingtons, one encore and one knight. it shoots right along with the best of them as far as accuracy. two pellets of pyrodex and a 295 aero tip powerbelt makes this a killer. last year in oklahoma i "discovered" that if you let two pigs line up properly they both can be killed with one shot and you still don't get your bullet back.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They also make a thumbhole laminate stock for that rifle that is nice looking - if you are into such stocks. The A&H is one of the prettiest rifles going and generally are quite accurate. The RW invented breech plug system apparently goes along way toward making the rifle blowback free (I cannot bear personal witness to this, but I do believe it).

http://members.aol.com/randymagic/ahac.htm

The do tend to be a bit more forward balanced (front heavy) than most, are long due to the long action length, can have serious action blowback in the standard configs, and the bolt can be a bit tricky - at first- so far as adjustment.

I believe they switched from the Timney triggers to Bold triggers due to some problems with the Timney design mesh. The Bold triggers are also 3-way adjustable.

I've owned three of them but currently own none. My step-bro owns two and swears by them. A&H customer service is superb.

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I am pretty happy with mine. It does have an awesome trigger mine has the timney. It prolly has the best trigger of any of my guns and that is the way it came from the factory. Mine shoots ragged holes at 50 yards with shockwaves and dead centers. These really outperform the power belt bullets when ranges get more than 100yards. I have the older model that just shoots #11's and I will atest that blow back is considerable. As for looks I think they are a nice looking well built gun, I have also heard glowing reports on A&H customer service.

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
They look nice, but A & H quality control needs some work. A friend of mine bought one, and it would not fire! The striker was not adjusted to fully contact the nipple face when fired, and it failed to pop the cap. He had to send it back to the factory for correction. Such minor annoyances should not occur on a gun that costs as much as these do.

After he got it back, it fired OK, but it is no more accurate than a number of guns that cost less. Pretty, though, except a tad on the heavy side for my tasts.

I prefer their Mountain Rifle, frankly!!