Find
Notify
Tools

Made Meat!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted
Got my first muzzlestuffer big game animal in the last few minutes of legal hunting time this evening. Big ol' matriarch whitetail doe at 40ish yards. Shot with a Knight LK93, 295gr Powerbelt HP, 90gr (3-30gr) Pyrodex RS pellets, and a Win 209. Doe only ran about 25 yards after hit (see note). Field dressing showed lungs and heart were mush, total bullet penetration.

Touched off shot, doe went crazy, ran very breifley, fell, got up, ran in a tight little circle, fell down, died.

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
Way to close the last few minutes of season.
LouisB

Posts: 4259 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WTG, You will never forget it, I know I will never forget my first muzzleloader deer, it too was the last minutes of the season. I got a big dry doe with a .45 cal round ball from an old Investarms Hawken. That was 15 years ago.It is still a fond memory.

Posts: 125 | Location: SW Manitoba Canada | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YAY!!!

Posts: 67 | Location: Raleigh,NorthCarolina,USA | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kudos guys! First let me clarify a minor communication error, the doe I killed wasn't on the last day, just the last few minutes of legal hunting time for that day. Muzzleloading season ends here tomorrow, but a special late rifle season will open again from 3 Jan to 11 Jan for does only (can use frontstuffers or archery )

Now for more news,,,,,I busted Bambi today at 116 paces with that smokepole! I was heading out of the woods for the day, happen to look to my left and there a button buck stood, just daring me to shoot him . Well he's at the meat locker right now .

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that button buck doesn't read the posts here or he would have known he was in range! WTG Blackhawk. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote