ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Re: Percussion Cap Troubleshooting Question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Percussion Cap Troubleshooting Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Your problem is very simple! You are not getting the cap all the way down on the nipple. The hammer has to push the cap the rest of the way down and loses enough power so the cap will not fire. If you have trouble getting the caps seated all the way, try Remingtons.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do not put the hammer on a empty nipple. That's what likely caused your "malfunctions" with both guns. Repeated dropping of hammer on empty nipple causes a flair in the tip round edge. Even when storing rifles, putting hammer on half-cock is the way to go. Full cock causes spring stress & spring enlargement over time... but not half-cock.

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem on my TC Renegade with a hot shot nipple, changing nipples solved my problem.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote