Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger problem - T/C Firestorm
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted
I just picked up a T/C Firestorm flintlock. It has the absolute worst trigger pull that I have ever seen on a gun. It bottoms out my trigger pull gage (with a max of 8#) and I would guess it is in excess of 15 pounds. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I will be contacting T/C, but thought someonw here may have experienced the same thing.

Thanks

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trigger on mine is bad....too heavy & gritty also. Mine's a stainless I bought in December so it could be a bad batch or something? It's on my list of things to fix.

It's a shame about the trigger because it lets down an otherwise really well made gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just send them to TC with a note or call customer service at 1-603-332-2333
THOMPSON CENTER ARMS CO. INC.
P.O. BOX 5002
ROCHESTER ,NH.03866

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
I sent the gun back to T/C, I'll let you know what happens, but the person that I spoke with said that they would fix it. They are currently back-logged 4-6 weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the double set trigger from the Hawken could be fitted to the Firestorm?

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
I got the gun back from T/C today. They replaced the trigger assembly with a much more tolerable trigger pull of about 8 pounds. Which is still WAY too high. But it is much better than before. Which brings me to ask for advice on how to lighten this trigger pull.

By the way, T/C also replaced the tang which was damaged by the previous owner. There was no charge for the repairs.